Music Data Intern at Warner Music South Africa
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic Internship opportunity to join our innovative and dynamic Warner Music South Africa Label Support Team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music South Africa is home to an exciting roster of new and established international and domestic recording artists. As the music industry continues to evolve, Warner Music South Africa is always looking for innovative ways to help artists grow and reach their fans successfully. Using data to supplement strategic initiatives, the Music Data Intern will use data to build models, test hypotheses, and interpret analyses to help key stakeholders achieve strategic goals.
If you are highly analytical, a great communicator, and love to solve problems using data in a fast-changing and exciting industry, this role is for you. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, spreadsheets, and infographics – someone who’s a self-starter, a critical thinker, loves technology, socials, and of course – music!
Here you’ll be able to:
Learn about and grow in a key business function that anchors all data-led analytics initiatives cross-functionally and ultimately be able to independently perform the following tasks :
- Leverage data insights by applying learnings and presenting them in a way that can be understood and applied to all levels of the organization.
- Collect and translate data into actionable insights to help drive business strategy and decision-making process.
- Dig through multiple data tools and data sets to draw conclusions based on marketing plans.
- Perform artist analyses on streaming, social, content and commerce properties.
- Determine cause and effect of marketing plans on streaming, sales and other channels.
- Analyze the impact of advertising, promotion, radio and other inputs on sales/streaming.
- Perform financial modelling to forecast quantitative impact of pilot and strategic projects.
- Be a storyteller: Liaise and communicate recommendations to solve specific strategic initiatives as requested from various departments.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
1+ years’ exposure to a data analyst (required).
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in business administration, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field completed or in process.
Proven intermediate/advance level experience working with SQL and Excel (required).
Exposure to database query and statistical analysis tools/systems.
Exposure to analysing music industry data (including streaming, and marketing data) will be considered
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with large data sets, while keeping the big picture in mind.
Strong interpersonal, visual skills, and creative writing skills.
Extremely organized and detail oriented.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider an internship at WM South Africa and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
If you are interested:
Please send your CV to Chantal Chegwidden @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 30 June 2021